Friday, January 29, 2010

Week One update!!

So now Kris and I have been on our 90 day get back in shape program for a week and things are going along really good, or that is the answer if you ask me. For her side of the story you might want to check out her blog. My Adventures In Training, Racing and Life

We have actually been really busy for the past week but we also managed to get in most of our workouts.

Wednesday 1/20 - ALARC Core Class - 90 minutes
Thursday 1/21 - LTF Kickboxing Class - 60 minutes
Saturday 1/23 - Securian Frozen 5K - 29:17
Monday 1/25 - ALARC Core Class - 90 minutes
Tuesday 1/26 - Spinning - 30 minutes

During the first phase of our plan we are on a set calorie limit and we are not allocating additional calories for anything that we burn during workouts. Later on we will compensate for the workouts but for now it is a little strict which does get tough at times but apparently it is working.

Other than being hungry most of the time I have felt really good the past week. I have had my low energy moments but I have also had plenty of high bouncing off the wall moments as well. I know these times bother Kris a bit especially during workouts, but I can not explain them. During workouts and when I am in really high energy mode I can tell that I am drawing this "energy" from my reserves which is a good thing.

On Wednesday morning I got on the scale and I was down 6.5 pounds for the week. I certainly do not expect that high of a number next week as my body will adjust to the new diet a bit, (If you have ever seen the results of week 2 on the Biggest Loser you will know what I am talking about) Additionally this week is going to be a little less in the work out category and we are traveling to Milwaukee this weekend for the 2010 Great Lakes Multisport, Cycling and Running Expo, and traveling is always poses difficulties for a diet.

During the weekend at the Expo Kris and I are going to be networking with as many race and event directors as possible to try to line up more accounts for ZapEvent where I have just taken on a new part time sales job, which I am really excited about. But the trip is not going to be all work, we are planning a bit of fun as well. We decided to add a 5K race to the schedule this weekend that is in conjunction with the expo, the InStep Winter Series 5K Championships, another fun 5K, but I will push for a bit faster than last week. ;) Additionally we will be doing some geocaching in the Milwaukee area and you can read about that over on our joint blog, A Life More Complete, but I will give a heads up to any Milwaukee geocachers that we plan on dropping 1 or 2 of our 2010 Coffee Love Pathtag. I am really looking forward to this weekend; it is shaping up to be a lot of fun.

So, 90 Day rewind:

Current Weight - 185.5 lbs.
Weight lost this week - 6.5 lbs.
Total weight lost - 6.5 lbs.

Next up: MultiSport Expo and 5k review.

No comments:

Post a Comment