Thursday, July 16, 2009

I'm back, and with great news!

Long time no Blog!!

Looking back it appears that the last time I blogged was back in April. A lot has happened and a few things have changed for the better so I think I can talk more openly now. So with that being said I am going to try and get my Blog back on track. I am going to start with this short update and then over the next few days I am going to post a few race updates. I have competed in (1) 1 Mile, 2 5K’s, 2 10K’s (1 official), (2) 10 Miles, 3 Half Marathons, 1 Dualathlon, 1 Sprint Triathlon, 2 Olympic Triathlons and 1 Splash and Dash, yet I have not talked about any of them. I have also updated the look of my blog a little, going with the blue for boys and pick for girls theme. <3>

OK, now on to the BIG news of the day!!

I got lucky and was picked in the lottery for the TC10 Mile race!

Most people who read this will probably know what that is but for those who don’t, it is the companion race to the Twin Cities Marathon on October 4th. This is really cool and exciting for me on a several levels. First and most important, I will get to run the race with Kris, who was lucky enough to get her name picked earlier in the summer when we ran the TC 1 Mile race. I had been crossing my fingers to see if I would get a chance to run with her since she found out back in May. The second reason is that this will complete my vision of running both of the big Minnesota Marathons, Grandma’s and Twin Cities last year and then getting to run in their companion races this year. I already ran Grandma’s Half, the Gary Bjorklund Half Marathon about a month ago.

Stay tuned…..

1 comment:

  1. Sweet!! I got picked too! I'll see you out there!! (And hopefully at the next Splash and Dash too?....)

    ReplyDelete